Begin Your Character of Discharge Determination:
In order to begin either your Character of Discharge Determination (COD) review with the Department of Veteran Affairs, we strongly recommend having your record examined by an experienced and licensed attorney. To accomplish this, we offer a comprehensive Military Discharge Relief Analysis.
The process entails a document review by an attorney, case history preparation, and then final analysis preparation. In most cases, unless the records are very lengthy, the total process generally takes less than 1 month. What counts as a lengthy record depends on (1) whether the total record is 5 or more record entries or 5 or more pages in length, and (2) the clarity of the record. If the record is lengthy or if there are several holidays during the month, plan on several extra days for completion.
This analysis will also provide you with two things:
- Either the reassurance in knowing that a Character of Discharge Determination (COD) is indeed required prior to signing up for an expensive legal service, or
- An attorney’s informed opinion that a Character of Discharge Determination (COD) is not required after all, hopefully saving you unnecessary costs.
The analysis costs $300 and may be applied as a credit towards your Character of Discharge Determination (COD), whichever is best for your situation. If, however, it turns out you do not require a Character of Discharge Determination (COD), or you decide not to pursue legal relief, then this amount is for the attorney’s time to perform the analysis. The credit ranges from $100-$200 depending on the number of violations or cases on your record. This credit will remain available for four months from the date of the analysis.
- Case handled by Character of Discharge Determination (COD) review attorney
- Proven experience dealing with the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA)
- Case analysis typically takes less than a month to complete
- Check the progress of your casework in our secure, online portal
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Fixed, Flat Fee
* Credit varies based on the extensiveness of your criminal record.