Beginning Your Early Probation Termination:
In order to begin your early probation termination, we recommend having your record examined by an experienced and licensed attorney. This will provide you with two things:
- Our recommendation on the likelihood of your success, prior to signing up for an expensive legal service, and
- If our recommendation is that you not pursue an early probation termination at this time, we will provide our recommendation on what you can do to strengthen your case for a future petition.
The process entails a document review by an attorney, case history preparation, and then final analysis preparation. In most cases, unless the records are very lengthy, the total process generally takes less than 1 month. What counts as a lengthy record depends on (1) whether the total record is 5 or more record entries or 5 or more pages in length, and (2) the clarity of the record. If the record is lengthy or if there are several holidays during the month, plan on several extra days for completion.
This cost may then be applied as a credit towards your early probation termination should you decide to pursue it. If it turns out you are ineligible for post-conviction relief, or you decide not to move forward on your eligible services, then this amount is for the attorney’s time to perform the analysis. The credit ranges from $100-$200 depending on the number of violations or cases on your record. This credit will remain available for four months from the date of the analysis.
- Case analysis performed by a California licensed attorney.
- Case analysis typically takes less than a month to complete.
- Cost of analysis will be applied towards your early probation termination, expungement or other relevant service.*
- Analysis credit available for four months from date of completed analysis.
* Credit varies based on the extensiveness of your criminal record.